Effective: May 11, 2018
What information do we collect?
We collect personal data from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you contact us with inquiries, register for access to a Service, use certain Services, or allow third parties to provide us with information to contact you. Here are some examples of personal data we may collect from you:
- We may collect your e-mail address and other personal data that you provide to us either in an email or if you contact us with a question or other inquiry.
- We may collect your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and any other personal data that you provide to us if you contact us for employment;
- We may collect your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, company name and any other personal data that you provide to us through your registration or use of a Service or if you otherwise contact us regarding product information, sales inquiries, supplier inquiries, distributor/channel partner inquiries, or customer support/service inquiries.
- When you register for a Service or when you provide information in connection with a transaction, we may ask you for and collect certain personal data such as your name, e-mail address, shipping and billing addresses, telephone numbers, account number, user identification, and password.
- When you enter a contest or other promotional event, we may ask for and collect your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
The above list provides examples of the personal data that may be collected through the Services. In addition, we may collect your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and other personal data that you provide to us by completing a registration questionnaire or providing your business card to us at a trade show or other conference or meeting.
When you interact with ProShip through a digital Service (such as a website), we receive and store certain anonymous information. Such information, which is collected passively through various technologies, cannot presently be used to specifically identify you. ProShip may store such information itself or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by ProShip affiliates, agents or service providers. The Services may use such anonymous information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to a Service, or the number or visitors to a particular page of a Service, or the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers. It is important to note that no personal data is available or used in this process.
We may also gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you, including personal data, to improve our Services, as well as for marketing analytics and Service operation purposes.
On behalf of the operator of the website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports on website activity and provide other services related to website activity and Internet usage to the website operator. The IP address provided by Google Analytics as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data.
Such data collection and storage can be contested at any time with effect for the future. In addition, you may prevent the collection by Google of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of a Service (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google by using the following link (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en) to download and install the available browser plug-in.
How do we use information we collect?
By way of further illustration, we and our affiliated companies may use your personal data and other personally non-identifiable or anonymous information collected through the Services to:
- deliver information, products or services you request or purchase;
- complete your transaction or service request;
- contact you in response to general e-mail inquiries and specific inquiries regarding employment, sales, suppliers, and support and service requests;
- provide Services through our platform and associated technical support;
- respond to your inquiries, investigate complaints, issue invoices and collect debts;
- help us improve the quality, content and functionality of our Services, and
- better understand our users and to improve the Services.
Personal data provided to us for processing in conjunction with a Service, such as the printing of a mailing label or transmission to a carrier for a shipment, is used only for providing the Service and for no other purpose.
We and our affiliates may use collected personal data to contact you in the future to tell you about information that we believe will be of interest to you, and to send you newsletters or other communications that you may have requested. If we do so, each marketing communication we send to you will contain an instruction permitting you to “opt-out” of receiving future marketing communications. If at any time you do not wish to receive any future marketing communications, please contact us as indicated below.
We may also use your personal data to create anonymous information records by excluding information that makes the information personally identifiable to you.
If you provide us with personal data, for instance when ordering products or information material, we treat the personal data in compliance with applicable law, including for EU data subjects, in compliance with European data regulations. To the extent these regulations allow the collection, processing or use of personal data without a separate formal consent for the processing of orders or inquiries, we will observe the applicable legal requirements and limits while obtaining formal consent as required, such as for non-transaction related marketing communications. When registering for a newsletter, your email address will be used for the purpose of providing you with the newsletter until you unsubscribe. Opting-out of receiving our publications is possible at any time.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We are not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are certain circumstances, however, in which we may share your personal data with certain third parties without further notice to you, as described below:
- We may provide your personal data to our vendors or other service providers to help us bring you the Services we offer or to facilitate our transactions with you. Specifically, we may share the personal data you have provided to us with vendors who house our servers, host our sites, for shipping and deliveries, to manage and service our data, distribute emails, conduct research and analysis, manage brand and product promotions, manage accounts, prepare invoices, send email updates about ProShip and its products, remove repetitive information from our customer lists, manage contests and promotions, process payments for products or services, and provide certain Services and features. Such third parties may have access to your personal data for use for a limited time in connection with these business activities. Where we utilize third parties for the processing of any personal data, we endeavor to implement reasonable contractual and technical protections limiting the use of that information to the purposes specified by ProShip.
- We may disclose personal data to third parties to whom you ask us to send personal data.
- ProShip may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (i) comply with a legal obligation or government request; (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of ProShip, including prevent illegal use of Services our violation of our Service terms and conditions or our policies; (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public; or (iv) protect against legal liability, defend against third party claims or assist in fraud prevention or investigation (such as counterfeiting).
- We may offer products or services jointly with other companies and we may share your information with that company in connection with your use of that product or service.
- As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, personal data may be part of the transferred assets.
For purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation and if you are an EU data subjects, you have the right to request (i) access to your personal data; (ii) correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate; (iii) deletion of your personal data; and (iv) object to the processing of your personal data on compelling legitimate grounds relating to your personal situation. Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, including opting-out from the use of such information for direct marketing purposes.
Links to Other Websites
Certain pages on the sites may have software or lines of code installed within the page that provide us with information about the "clickstream" of our customers during their visit to our Service. This also allows us to know which pages the visitors came from, what navigational paths they took, and which areas of the site they visited. We currently do not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals.
ProShip takes reasonable steps to protect personal data provided via the Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction, including a variety of technical and organizational security measures, such as encryption and authentication tools, to maintain the safety of your personal data. We also use firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction and your personal data is processed in secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons with access rights to these systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. No Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free and our Services may not be secure. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any personal data to ProShip via the Internet and we will have no liability for disclosure of such data due to errors in transmission or interception by unauthorized acts of third parties.
We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect it, except if required otherwise by law.
If we learn of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Service or providing personal data to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to the Services. We may post a notice on a Service if a security breach occurs. We may also send an e-mail to you at the e-mail address you provided to us. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Other Terms and Conditions
Your access to and use of the Services is subject to the applicable ProShip terms and conditions for the respective Service.
Control and Access to Information
To keep your personal data accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct personal data that you have previously submitted via the Services. Upon your request, we will close your account and terminate your participation in Services. We may retain your personal data to comply with laws, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce applicable terms or agreements, for archival purposes, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
You may object to the processing of your personal data and withdraw your consent (with effect for the future) at any time. For any questions about data privacy, or to issue an objection or withdraw your consent, please contact email@example.com.
Please note that inquiries to ProShip’s Data Protection Officer should be directed to:
Name: James Green
Title: Infrastructure Manager